Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Never Dreamed…

If anyone would have told me just last year that today I would be a published author, a motivational speaker and a contribution to society (in a positive way), I would have gladly given them my meds.

I never dreamed this could be my life.

If you’ve read my book, “From One Thoughtless Act,” you know why: dysfunctional upbringing, homicidal tendencies, and warped beliefs – they all boil down to worthlessness. Or so I thought.

No, I never dreamed that my life could be what it is today. And that’s why I continue to do what I do, to speak with the youth and others who feel ‘things just can’t get any better for me,’ because (believe me) they always can. Or they feel that ‘nothing good can come of my life,’ but I’m living proof that that’s not necessarily the case.

Yes, life is filled with possibilities beyond our wildest imaginations! And although you don’t know what the next day will bring…whatever it is, grab it with both hands and make the best of it. Because there’s something out there greater than yourself…and it’s waiting for you…

…even if you never dreamed…

No comments:

Post a Comment