Monday, December 13, 2010

Looking ahead

I often reflect on my life – where I’ve been and where I’m going. And I think reflecting is a good thing when it’s put to good use.

But I used to find myself looking back and feeling gloomy and depressed. It used to stop me from getting up in the morning, from feeling that I have something worthwhile to offer, from feeling any self-worth.

Yes, I was once in that place. But today I refuse to ‘go there.’ I refuse to get so bogged down with past regrets that I can’t see a better tomorrow…or even look forward to today. I realized that if I allowed the past to haunt me, to paralyze me with fear, that it would be the same as spitting in the face of Almighty God – the same God who gave his son in order for ME to have hope. Real hope.

So if you’re that person who keeps looking to his past with regrets, who allows it to stop you from being the best YOU that you can be, remember that someone great died a tortuous death in order for you to be worthy of his kingdom.”

Yes, you ARE worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment