Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thirty-Three Months Later

The obstacles designed to create struggles (hurdles) within our lives will only make the individual quit before fulfilling his/ her goals, or they will compel the individual to push forward a little harder.


Having re-entered society after 28 years of incarceration, I have encountered many things within these last 33 months that's frustrated, angered, and caused me to realize the hardship one endures for breaking the laws established by the governing body.


I have discovered that most citizens I have encountered really believe in "second " chances for individuals who's run afoul of the law, but the controlling minority have established laws designed to create roadblocks at every turn.


When I speak with troubled youth groups, my first question addressed to them are, "who is at fault because of your present situation?"  My answer to the question is, "it's my fault." After sharing parts of my life's story and the realities of prison life, I conclude with ," now that you know about prison and it's lifestyle, if you end up being incarcerated, it's your fault". 


Regardless of the negativism, the obstacles, and hardships encountered - if I fail to accomplish my goals, guess who is at fault..?  Me !! 


I am the only one who can stop myself from any desired accomplishments. (Philippians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment